Balinese White Mango, Wani Bali



Wani Bali is an exotic fruit also known as Balinese white mango (Mangifera caesia Jack), one of tropical fruit which belongs to genus mangifera (mango).

The fruit is specifically grows and could be found only in the Island of Bali. The shape almost alike mango but sometimes it can be identical as a shape of avocado too.  
The vibrant light green skin color has always tantalizing, makes wonder and attract people to explore. The characteristic flavor and aroma have prompted to many people, I would say its a blend aroma of Mango and Jackfruit. 




 
The milky white flesh high in fiber, its generally sweet and contain a slight taste sort of liquor (alcohol) and the forms of stone fruit percentage is 60% more than the flesh. However, the consumer prefers the fruit due to the specific flavor and delicious sweet taste.



Under-ripe Wani Bali can be ripened by placing them in brown paper bags or just place them on your fruit basket-room temperature, it will ripened within 3 or 4 days. 
That’s because of the typical aroma, it can be a great center-piece to our dining table that could create a wonderful sweet scent natural odour to our home.

Balinese white mango, Wani Bali,
I once had mislead by it looks and I thought it was mango, it drives me mad, after I have find out what it was and explored, I fall in love! 





Comments

I don't think I know this fruit. You have me intrigued - I wish I could try it! Thanks for sharing.
Vania said…
Oooh let me try,... give me some slices, Ra.
Bentuk spt avocado, rasa between mango and jackfruit, dalemnya kayag bengkoang yak? exotic fruit.
Food and story said…
wah rasanya nano2 yo...sayang cuma ada di Bali :). Thanks for sharing jeng...ku masukkan dalam daftar pencarian makanan hehehe
Nisa-mom said…
*glek* beneran nelen air liur gue mak.. yolooo.. apalagi klo ditambahin bumbu rujak kali yaa..
Ira Rodrigues said…
@leaf (the indolent cook) I wish i could share with you :)
Ira Rodrigues said…
@Vania ini bijinya gede van, dagingnya dikit. dagingnya texture kayak mangga van, soft dan berserat. yg mentah malah sepet dan pahit. makanya hrs nunggu bener2 mateng, krn gak atu, aku bilang sm yg jualan mau aku bikin rujakan tp sama yg jual malah diketawain LOL--buahnya totally manis banget, gak ada asem2 nya van
Ira Rodrigues said…
@Food and story iya adanya cuman di Bali as, buahnya muanis banget, buat jus wani enak banget, exotic dan yummy!
Ira Rodrigues said…
@Mom's the little one Bu ini gak bisa buat rujakan, gak enak hahahaaaaaa, pahit dan sepet. cuman bisa buat jus or dimakan as is
I have never heard of this fruit. It should be very good. It's a combination of two fruits I love - jackfruit and mangoes. Yum!
I have never heard of white mango! There are so many fruits I've never tried and this is now one of them! Beautiful photography Ira!
mycookinghut said…
I have never heard or seen this before! I gotta try it when in Bali! :)
Gorgeous photos Ira! I've never heard of white mango. Don't tell that to my Husband, he loves mangoes way too much :D

Popular posts from this blog

Empal Goreng, Java style fried beef meat

Mie Ayam Recipe - Indonesian style chicken noodles

Tangerine, Jeruk peras (Indonesian sweet orange squash)