Tangerine, Jeruk peras (Indonesian sweet orange squash)




Tangerine (citrus tangerina) also known as Jeruk Peras (Indonesian sweet orange squash) which is actually closely related to the Mandarin orange. 

Tangerine/Jeruk Peras is a tropical and subtropical shrub, the fruit has green skin and bright orange flesh that contains a lots of juice. The freshly squeezed juice has become one of most wanted beverage among Indonesian




Most of the restaurant even though a small eating place (warung/depot) in Indonesia would serve Jeruk Peras in their beverage list menu, it refreshing and enjoyable even though with no sugar added.

For you to know, the juice that derived from freshly squeezed from the fruit is actually purely nicer, tastier and of course healthier.
All the kind of fruit that minimized process such freshly squeezed would offer the best nutrition benefit to our body, five times greater than pulverized fruit juice.





I would always go for freshly squeezed of my summer beverage Es jeruk peras (Indonesian sweet orange squash) beside it taste great yet no need electrical device involve. 

However, if I have to invite my guests for a special occasion, I like to serve DIY Tangerine ice (Do It Yourself)
Simply freshly squeezed the tangerines, keep in a jug, sides with ice water or place the ice cube in a bowl instead, for the sugar lover you may serve homemade natural sugar syrup.

Enjoy!



Comments

Linda said…
How gorgeous - I miss this drink so much. These kind of oranges tastes way better than any other oranges, and smells so good.
Mel said…
I loves this drink in a hot hot day...really quench my thirst away! We called this "Calamansi". Beautiful photos as usual Ira!
Pingsan aku lihat foto-fotomu Raaa... :)
Dari cerita dan foto-foto itu sudah langsung terlihat kesegeran es jeruknya.
Anonymous said…
Aduh Ira,jadi pengen bikin orange juice. Disini jeruknya ga ada yang warna hijau...
Hesti HH. said…
Cakeeeeep mbak Ira fotonya, manteeeep kentalnya. Sluuurrpphhh...
kankana said…
It's the perfect season to try this drink. I can't stop admiring your skill Ira.. such lovely styling and photography. LOVE IT!
I love how refreshing this is -- I think it's called "limau kasturi" in Malaysia :)

Beautiful styling as always my dear :)
mycookinghut said…
I don't think I have ever tried this drink! But anything citrus -- I love it!
Beautiful! Tangerines here are usually oranges and ones in Japan also orange color. It's interesting outer skin is green yet inside has this beautiful orange color. Your styling is detailed and carefully planned. A picture is worth a thousand words. And yours are exactly it!
Anonymous said…
Beautiful artwork!! Amazing.... Salam kenal yah :)

Cecile
I love wonderful citrus fruits that do not require any sugar when you make them into juice. Absolutely perfect for the everyday-is-summer-day weather we get in Indonesia and Malaysia. Looking at your pictures take me home to our tropical climate right away, Ira. Hope you have a great weekend!
Plateful said…
Love your styling and photos Ira, awesome! I have a weakness for tangerines too :)
Food and story said…
sueger e sampek ke sana...apa kabar rek, ada yg kangen tuhhh :P. Btw naksir sama itu peresan jeruk mubeng2 sak kota ora nemu2 hehehe.
Ira Rodrigues said…
Thank you all for the wonderful comments and the feed back, I do appreciate! You all my spirit and makes my works even rocking. Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Empal Goreng, Java style fried beef meat

Mie Ayam Recipe - Indonesian style chicken noodles