August 3, 2011

American breakfast pancakes and blueberry compote

Pin It Now!


Breakfast routine always bear a resemblance to a simple ritual, healthy, fresh and enjoyed. I am never routinely clueless to decide what the perfect breakfast that I wish, what I am saying is: me, my little man and hubby, I manage the table happen to be a glorious morning every weekend with the impressive brunch, its family day!

One of my brilliant brekkie I honestly want to highlight and share is American pancake and blueberry compote-- an everlasting duo for our favourite breakfast and I definitely think that it’s worthy to have somewhat particular, yummy and do us happy!
Today NO such thing of perhaps for this posting, because it perfect compromise: satisfying, enjoyable and mouth-watering  


For the pancake, I’m very confidence with Nigella American pancakes recipe, these are spongy kind but I prefer to make them thin and sexy. For the life-safer I make the dry-mixture before hand and then stored in the airtight jar.
For the blueberry compote, I just do very simple formula, nothing fancy but it result always best!





American pancakes




Ingredients

225g plain flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon sugar 

2 large eggs, beaten
30g butter, melted and cooled
300ml milk 
Pinch of salt 
butter for frying


Method


The easiest way to make these is to put all the ingredients into a blender and blitz. 
But if you do mix up the batter by hand in a bowl, 
make a well in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, beat in the eggs, 
melted butter and milk, and transfer to a jug,
*it's much easier to pour the batter into the pan than to spoon it. 
I like to leave the batter for 20 minutes before using it,
and you may then want to add more milk to the mixture 
if you're frying in the blini pan, so that it runs right to the edges.
When you cook the pancakes, all you need to remember 
is that when the upper side of the pancake is blistering and bubbling 
it's time to cook the second side, and this needs only about 1 minute.