May 4, 2011

Yorkshire Pudding

Pin It Now!







Last Saturday I was planning to cook Sunday roast beef for Sunday dinner and I prepared everything before hand nicely. All are checked as ready for Sunday hectic cooking, but then I forgotten a thing which Sunday roast dinner be without! Is Yorkshire pudding, this is what Sunday's are all about.

I simply recalled at the several years back, how excited to know that my ex-boyfriend *now he is my husband:), reserved a table for Sunday roast dinner. I was thrilled listening to his explanations on the topic of Sunday roast dinner, it specially served only on Sunday lunch or dinner and the roast beef would served suchlike combo delicious, it include such boiled vegetables, roast potatoes, yorkshire pudding and toppings with superb scrumptious gravy, who will resist…oh, I was drooling and couldn’t wait for long until the dinner.

Well, I have got the recipe here for the quick and easy Yorkshire pudding and I finally make it happen, they are just perfect to my taste. The inner part of the pudding is hollow and it does resemble pocket, I love the part it makes the pudding unique.   




Yorkshire pudding

 -------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Ingredients

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons butter

 

 

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a medium bowl, beat eggs with milk. Stir in flour. Set aside.
  3. Divide butter evenly into the twelve cups of a muffin tin, about 1/2 teaspoon per cup. Place tin in oven to melt butter, 2 to 5 minutes. Remove tin from oven, and distribute batter evenly among buttery cups.
  4. Bake in preheated oven 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake 25 minutes more or until puffed and golden.
* I ran out of milk, so I modified to ¼ cream and 1 cup water, it worked fine 
* To give a kick I add 1/2 tsp ground black pepper