May 6, 2011

Pumpkin Soup

Pin It Now!

I heart pumpkin so is my little man, at all times tempted when the seasons filled with the bright yellow with the sexy curve and appealing shape, it stunning !
The rich flavour after it cooked is incredible creamy somewhat goes well with the natural sweetness.

Since I have vegetable stock remain in my fridge, I look forward to make my pumpkin soup, imagining the delicious soup full of flavour, hearty and its sure to pleasant the satisfying

I get used to with the recipe from Jamie Oliver here, all ingredients are made easy but this time I adapted the recipe with what i have in hand and it turn out equally tasty.




  Pumpkin soup
        Adapted from Jamie oliver and altered by me





Ingredients:



400gr pumpkin, cut to chunks
½ onion--chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sprig of fresh rosemary, leaves picked
700 ml vegetable stock or chicken stock will do
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Olive oil



What to do:


In the large non stick pot on a medium heats, drizzled with some olive oil and throw in your onion, garlic, rosemary leaves, and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir fry for about 5 minutes until the onion wilted and smell the aroma.
Add the chunks pumpkin and the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for around half an hour.
When the squash is soft and cooked through, whiz the soup with a hand blender or pour it into a liquidizer and pulse until you have a smooth purée (but you can leave it slightly chunky if you like). Most importantly, remember to taste and season it until it’s perfect. Divide the soup between your bowls, placing your choice croutons ( I placed toast  slice French loaf) on top of each. Sprinkle and drizzle with a swirl of good-quality extra virgin olive oil.