March 28, 2011

Pumpkin Pot de Crème

Pin It Now!
Pumpkin Pot de Crème



Initially, I was actually thinking of making kolak labu kuning flavour with jack fruit, like I ever posted here, but then I have changed my mind to make something which suitable for my 17 months sweetheart too, so the dessert do a simply satisfying guarantee to all of us. I’ve started to browse to look somewhat in my desire, what was come in my particular is pumpkin panna cotta with the depth character of  Indonesian flavour, imagining the velvety and the smooth texture of the pumpkin, I thought that panna cotta is perfect spot on decision, perhaps it needed just a slight modified.



I found the recipe here, this is however I would called the beautiful inspirations, every ingredients that she build just the one I looking for, precise!
Copying what was she wrote to be my motivations and it pretty nailed

I love it when a mistake turns into such pretty, delicious, versatile – if accidental – invention “

To be honest I expected just deserving but the fact I obtained an extraordinary delight, I should thank her for sharing such a wonderful recipe, thank you Pim…

I just altered according to what I have at my pantry and make it just easy for me to present a sweetheart after the main




 
Pumpkin Pot De Crème
Adapted chezpim 
modified by Me


 1 heaping cup of roasted pumpkin, scoop the flesh and roughly mashed
 350ml thin coconut milk
 1 cup water
 50g palm sugar or brown sugar / adjust the sweetness as your desire
 3 spring pandan leaves, torn and tie a knot
 1tsp salt
 1 tbs gelatin sugar


In a medium pot, add coconut milk, sugar, salt, pandan leaves and water. 
Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat add the mashed roasted pumpkin continue to simmer until its thicken

Add the gelatin water and then give it a stir

Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth and then pour the liquid back into the pot. Continue to simmer about more or less 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and pour into small jars, let cool in the fridge until set To serve just stick a spoon in it and called it as a Pumpkin Pot de Crème.


note:

You can use one cup of pumpkin puree instead or used 2 heaping cups fresh pumpkin and then cut to a medium chunks boil together with the coconut milk and water
If using sheet gelatin, soak the sheets in enough water to cover until soft. Remove the gelatin sheets and squeeze out excess water and set aside.