February 18, 2011

Rosemary Shortbread Cookies

Pin It Now!

 
I definitely enjoy baking, but I am not that skilled, perhaps needed a little self confident and daring. Failure is part of the learning process and I don’t need to be afraid of as its the most valuable teacher.
Well, I am not overstating but at least it kept me inspired.

To be honest this is my second post after this post here that I am able to blog concerning into baking, although it was completely makes me nervous and of course I managed to build some certain confident until I made it and proudly show the prove.

I am a follower of this beautiful blog, licking the plate, on her recent post she shared the divine treats, her well explanations were pretty understandable and encourage me to experience the perfect sweet-savory combination.
In the reading, I came to know that she was convinced by the local spoon blog who actually shared the recipe of rosemary shortbread cookies a.k.a little pieces of sweet- savoury heaven.
When I read “heaven”, in the brackets as descriptions, truthfully I am melt, it won me…
As she said that these cookies are perfect with some afternoon tea and a book or maybe just by themselves, in your mouth.
Therefore, now I know what my afternoon needs, heaven…

Thank you for sharing :)

* sorry, i ran out of the rosemary at that time:( hence it didn't include to my photo





 

                       Rosemary Shortbread Cookies

      
     


Ingredients

220gr flour
      30gr rice flour
      85gr sugar
      1 Tbs sea salt (use a good sea salt)
      1 Tbs fresh rosemary
      225gr cold unsalted butter




Direction

 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Mix the flour, salt, rosemary, and sugar

 Then cut in cold butter,you can cut the butter into the flour mixture, using two knives or using a stand mixer with the paddle attachment.
  
 Keep mixing the butter into the dough until you don’t see any chunks and then using your hands, work the dough until it comes into a ball.

 As the butter warms it will be easier and the dough will start to come together

 Roll the dough into a log - refrigerate for 10 minutes or so if  it becomes messy at this point, to re-chill the butter - and cut into 1/4 inch disks. Bake for about 10 minutes on ungreased cookie sheets, or until the edges and bottoms are golden.