February 7, 2011

{ Nasi Goreng Omahan / Home style fried rice topping with splits salted fish

Pin It Now!

Nasi goreng Omahan



I never get bored of cooking and having nasi goreng (fried rice) to my daily menu, so is D, oh let me tell ya, this is his favorite dish especially Nasi Goreng Belacan.
I named it as Nasi Goreng Omahan that because it uses the ingredients which just available in the house, as simple as it is


Ideally, the best part of cooking nasi goreng is that I can play my role, using and adding variety ingredients even the desire one
The looks of my nasi goreng this time is so tempting, toping with a fishy element of splits salted fish as I never done it before, but hey,,,its taste so good
I am please…

I'm not specifying ingredient amounts here because making nasi goreng is a personal thing, its freedom…in fact, the simply rule here are adjust the taste and throwing in what you like.




              

Nasi Goreng Omahan



Ingredients 


Cooked rice
 Garlic--chopped
 Onion--diced
 Chilli paste--adjust whether you like it spicy or mild
 Soy sauce
 Fish sauce--optional
 Chicken--diced
 Beef Pattie--diced / optional
 Salted fish--deep fried
 Salt to taste



  What to do

  1. Heats up the wok with oil over medium heat, add garlic then stir until aromatic
  

  2. Add chopped onion, stir until golden brown

  3. Add chicken, stir until change to a colour, and then add diced beef pattie, stir well
  

  4. Add chili paste, stir until all ingredients are well blended
 

  5. Add rice, stir continuously until the rice are separated and blended   with chilli paste
  

  6. Season with soy sauce, fish sauce and salt to get more flavour
  

  7. Do a quick stir, remove from the heat then transfers into a serving   plate
  

  8. Toping with salted fish

  9. Serve immediately