August 30, 2010

{Nasi Goreng Kampung Ikan asin / Salted fish fried rice *

Pin It Now!
Nasi goreng kampung ikan asin


-->
Nasi goreng means fried rice in Indonesian language and it’s a meal that is both hearty and satisfying.
Most of the Indonesian restaurant and five star hotel in Indonesia would serve of this flavouring nasi goreng dish in their menu.

On my lazy days if I fancy quick easy and appetizing I would go only for nasi goreng. I’ve got quite numbers variations of nasi goreng in my recipe collections and one of them I ‘ll share it here.
This is just the perfect nasi goreng kampung I ever make, yes , I name it as nasi goreng kampung ikan asin. The combine unique flavour between salted fish and bean sprouts just right, authentic and unforgettable! and the method it self just fits on me, chopped, slice and stir :)

nasi goreng kampung ikan asin

-->




Nasi Goreng Kampung


Ingredients
2 cups cooked rice
1 egg, well beaten
5 small shallots, slice
1 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 tbs light soy sauce (kecap asin)
1 tbs red chili paste
1 cup bean sprouts, rinsed with tap water and roots removed
½ cup salted fish (I used dried salted snapper, diced)
2 tbs vegetable oil

 

What to do  

Heats up the wok with oil over medium heat, 
add diced salted dried snapper and stir until it turns to golden brown 
and push aside of the wok.

Add chopped garlic and slices shallots stir until aromatic, 
push aside together with salted fish

Add chili paste, stir-fry until aromatic or when the oil separates.

Add the rice into the wok and stir well together with salted fish, 
garlic and shallots then add in the soy sauce (kecap asin).

Keep stirring until the rice are well blended with all the ingredients
Push aside the rice and make a space, 
pour in beaten egg then make it scrambled, combine with the rice.

Toss in the bean sprouts and make sure they are well combine
Dish out immediately.