June 9, 2008

In Yellow, with no coconut milk “Eggs and Okras Curry”

Pin It Now!
fish curry powder





Dependable on BABA’S, “oh I still believe until today, I will not leaving him! perhaps if one day I able to make my own then good bye BABA’S...

Yes BABA’S is my curry powder, what else!

I used to go with it all the time, since we moved to Goa-India and I have to cook more to a typical home cook.
Going along with him in whatever fish curry, prawns curry, beef curry and eggs-okras curry is my particular choice, eventhough I have to brought it along across the country--up till now my preferable fall into BABA’S curry powder.

Anyway I got to tell you about the ingredients it self which written behind the packet Coriander, Chilli, Cumin, Turmeric, Fennel, Dhal, Fenugreek, Pepper and other spices


"Got an Idea guys?

I do believe that you can create your very special one according to BABA'S trace above

Other than, you can Click here

For my eggs and okras curry I purposely used the type of fish curry powder to be my halt pattern (serbuk kari ikan dan udang) cause to against between eggs--okras and the fish curry powder it was transforming into the most drooling tempting aroma.


Eggs and Okras Curry




Eggs and Okras Curry

Ingredients

5 hard boiled eggs, peel off the skin
6-7 pieces okras, cut according to your choice
6 curry leaves
1 ½ tablespoon curry powder, mix with water to a paste
1 tablespoon ginger and garlic paste
1 tablespoon tamarind juice
Pinch of cumin seeds
Salt to taste
Vegetable oil
Water


Directions

Mix the curry powder with water to a paste, set a side
Heat up the pot with little oil to a medium fire.
Add ginger-garlic paste and pinch cumin seeds, fry until aromatic
Add the curry paste and stir consistently until the raw smells are gone, about 2 minutes
Add enough water, then let it boil **be careful do not adding to much water as your curry might to watery
Once the gravy boiled add curry leaves and hard boil eggs, stir two or three times then continue to a boil, about 30 seconds.
Lastly adding okras and stir, keep boil until the okras are crunch but not raw, approx a minute.
Remove from the heats then serve