April 12, 2008

Sauté Okra season with Dried Mango Powder.

Pin It Now!


Okra is kind of sexy vegetable to me, fresh greeny looking and svelte in shape, I am sure the way I described as sexy veggie is accurate accordingly, ha ha..
Some other peoples also named it as “Lady’s Finger”, to me it sounds fabulous too as the veggie it self are really pretty in colour and form.




Here (in Goa) where I am now, most of people call as “Bhindi” which is in Hindi, my first impressions was first-class treatment *by mean I do enjoy the color and shape as great combinations, to be honest at my first glimpse to those pretty looking veggies don't really know how the taste neither the texture.

To get to know what it is, I have to come closer personally-buying those sexy looking veggie and cook them in my way or typical Indian curry

At my first attempt of cooking “Okra” is to be our main dish, as lunch was using my mother-in-law recipe by combining garlic paste, ginger paste, pinch of cumin seeds, green chillies, curry leaf and store bought Baba’s curry powder which is the most important ingredient that I ever know and being my preferred curry powder.


It was a good collide among the ingredients, you would not believe that I fond to it and also my husband,  even it has slightly slimy in texture but I had learn how to abridge.

This recipe and cooking is very special for Weekend Herbs Blogging , a food blog event sponsored by Kalyn’s Kitchen and for this week host by Jugalbandi.
 

My way of cooking this time is totally transform to a kind of Sauté all the ingredients, by having it as side dish besides your curry and plain fresh cooked basmati rice is another appetizing indulgence.







Sauté Okra season with Dry Mango Powder

Ingredients

6-7 pieces Okras, cut into an equal form
2-3 green chillies, finely chopped
1 cloves garlic-chopped
½ teaspoon chilli powder to coloured
1 teaspoon dry mango powder
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Pinch of cumin seeds
Sea salt to taste

Method

Heat the oil in the frying pan over medium fire, add chopped garlic, finely copped green chillies and pinch of cumin seeds, stir fry until aromatic about 1 to 2 minutes.
Add cut Okras, keep stirring until quite soft but not too cooked to retain the crunchiness texture.

Add chilli powder to give nice colour then season with sea salt and dry mango powder then give it a quick stir about 30 seconds.
Remove from the pan then transfers into a serving plate.